Reports show that there are over 2.25 billion cups of coffee consumed each day by people drawn from all over the world. As a person who cherishes your daily cup of freshly brewed coffee, you may wonder. How many cups of coffee there are in a pound? Curiosity strikes and you get down to the math.
How many cups of coffee in a pound of beans?
With the ever-soaring coffee prices in coffee shops, you may be interested in knowing if there’s any significant amount of money saved if you brewed your own coffee at home or at work. It is an easy pass that brewing your own coffee costs much less and is more convenient than buying ready coffee at the restaurant for instance. Want to know how? Well, on average, it takes 1.9oz. of coffee beans and 33.8o.z of water to make 47 cups of coffee.
However, this number may not apply to everyone as there are certain factors that may leave you producing more cups or fewer cups of coffee from the same pound of beans. Such factors include;
- Size of cup. Especially when brewing your own coffee at home, the larger the cup size, the better. It takes out the hustle of having to pour yourself cup after cup of coffee. This, therefore, means that you will get less than the average 47 cups of coffee out of one pound of coffee beans.
- How strong or diluted you like your coffee. If you like your coffee stronger, you may end up using less water when brewing your coffee beans to get you the kind of rush you prefer. On the other hand, if you like your coffee mild, you will use more than the average 33.8oz of water to get you your desired coffee to water ratio. This consequently means that you end up getting fewer cups or more cups respectively depending on the amount of water you use to brew.
- Brewing method. There are a variety of methods you can choose to make yourself some good old dark goodness. You can have a latte, an espresso, a cappuccino, a double espresso, a French press, the list is endless. Whichever way you like your coffee, one brewing method will need more or less water per pound of coffee beans.
How many cups of coffee in a pound of Grounds?
The verdict is still out on which brews better coffee between ground coffee and roasted whole beans. Nevertheless, different people have different preferences. There’s really no difference in the amount of coffee that can come out in a pound of grounds in comparison to a pound of whole beans. You can make the same 47 average size cups of coffee per pound of grounds. Variables such as
- Brewing method
- Size of cup
- How strong you like your coffee can all contribute to how long your pound of ground coffee will last.
Let’s see Jennifer’s post https://bestcoffeemakersinfo.com/k-cup-vs-ground-coffee-cost
How many tablespoons in a pound of coffee?
Written on the packaging, you will often find instructions on how many tablespoons it would take to make the most delicious cup of coffee. It makes you wonder how many tablespoons there are in a pound of coffee. It may not be possible to tell exactly how many tablespoons there are in one pound of coffee because of a variety of factors.
- Amount per scoop. Different people scoop out different amounts of coffee. While others scoop a minimal amount, others try to scoop as much as they can on one tablespoon. As a result, these two people end up consuming the same pound of coffee within different durations. The minimalist will have his or her coffee going for longer compared to their counterpart whose coffee would get depleted much faster.
- Type of coffee. Depending on whether you are using whole beans or grounds, the number of tablespoons may differ. Some people are able to collect one bean per tablespoon while others can do up to three whole beans per tablespoon. As such, it may take more tablespoons to finish one pound of coffee for that person who takes one coffee bean per tablespoon and shorter to finish one pound of coffee for that guy who takes three beans per tablespoon.
- Size of tablespoon. Tablespoons vary in size. Hence, there’s no way to tell exactly how many tablespoons make one pound of coffee. If your tablespoon is really small, you will deplete a pound of coffee slower than a person with larger tablespoons. Tablespoon sizes range from 0.18 oz. to 0.35oz. Using these numbers as our guide, it will take from 45 tablespoons to 90 tablespoons to deplete one pound of ground coffee depending on the size of your tablespoon.
How many cups of coffee in a 12 oz. bag of ground coffee?
Regular coffee consumptions bring with it certain health benefits. Besides being extremely relaxing, it can help keep certain diseases at bay. Such diseases include Liver disease, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s among numerous other conditions. Coffee is packaged in different amounts to serve different customers’ demands. You can purchase a 10oz. 12oz. 20oz or 50oz bag of coffee. So how many cups of coffee are there in a 12oz bag of ground coffee? Well, assuming you are using a normal sized tablespoon as your measurement, it will take 2.5 tablespoons for every 6oz of water. As such a 12oz. ground coffee bag is enough to brew at least 68 average sized coffee cups.
If your coffee cup is larger than normal coffee cups, it means that you get less than the average 68 cups of coffee per 12 oz. ground coffee bag. On the other hand, if you use larger or smaller sized tablespoons than the normal sized tablespoon, you could get away with making more or less than 68 cups of coffee depending on the size of your tablespoon.
The above are all average parameters that you can rely on to give you a rough idea of just how many cups of coffee you can get from a certain amount of either whole grain or ground coffee. Either way, you are encouraged to use average measurements as provided in order to get the best coffee brewing experience.